Rice water is the milky starchy fluid that rises to the top of the pot when cooking rice or after rinsing rice. It has being used by Asian women for centuries in the treatment of hair and skin.
Rce Water Benefits for Hair and Skin
- Rice water contains vitamin B, C & E.
- It also contains phenolic and flavonoid compounds, which can minimize free radical damage from environmental factors.
- Rice water contains minerals that can help tighten skin and shrink pores.
- Rice water helps reduce redness from acne and clear blemishes. The starch in rice water can also soothe inflammation from skin conditions such as eczema.
- Cleansing face with rice water helps improve overall complexion.
- Rice water contains inositol, a carbohydrate that helps repair and strengthen damaged hair. This carbohydrate also helps boost hair elasticity.
- Rice water has saponins, a natural cleanser for hair thus making it suitable for washing hair.
To enjoy these wonderful beauty benefits of rice water, all you have to do is just collect the water that you use to rinse your rice. And if you don’t want to cook the rice then just grind the left over rice to make a body scrub or face mask.