Akindele Olufunke Ayotunde (popularly known as Funke Akindele, born August 24, 1977 in Ikorodu, Lagos State, Nigeria) is a Nigerian award winning Nollywood actress.
She came to limelight after featuring in popular United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) sponsored sitcom; I Need to Know, which ran from 1998 to 2002.
Since then, she has only gone on to achieve greater things and become a force to reckon with in the entertainment industry and the world at large.
Below are some business lessons to learn from the veteran actress.
1. Build a proper structure for yourself and your brand. Get an office, a good website, social media presence, business name, etc.
2. Get sound professional business advice from managers, accountants, lawyers.
3. Successful people must help upcoming talents to build a better industry ecosystem.
4. Never stop learning or educating yourself. Go to school, take courses and study to be a true professional.
5. Do not rely on government for opportunities. Just work harder and look inwards and soon, your dreams would come through.